Salsa de habanero
There is so much that can be done with habanero. Whilst it is a pretty hot chilli, it is also a sweet and noble one. This is a quick recipe to make habanero salsa. Balance the ratio between carrots and habaneros to tune down and up the heat!Print Recipe
- ½ brown onion replace with white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 yellow capsicums you can use any other if you don’t care about colour
- 4 orange habanero chillies
- 2 carrots
- ½ cup vinegar
- 50 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the onion, garlic, capsicum, habaneros and carrots.
- Put olive oil on frying pan and bring to medium heat.
- Place the onion and garlic on the frying pan and cook until the onion looks transparent.
- Next add the capsicum, habaneros and carrots. Stir and place a lid on top of the frying pan. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Place the content of the frying pan in a blender, add the vinegar, salt and pepper. Blitz until you achieve the consistency desired.