Eggplant barbacoa tacos🍆🌮
Another version of a dish originally prepared with meat but adapted for an equally tasty vegetarian version and anyone who wants to try something new🤗
A dish to enjoy the great flavour and consistency of the barbacoa but without the meat and with a quick preparation time☝️
Eggplant barbacoa tacos
- 12 corn tortillas preferably from La Tortilleria
- 2 large eggplants chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow or brown onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh mexican oregano replace with dry Mexican oregano or Marjoram
- Salt to taste
- 4 Limes
- 1/2 white onion finely chopped
- 1/4 coriander bunch finely chopped
- Tomatillo salsa or your favourite salsa
- Peel the eggplant, cut it in half and soak it in water with salt for half an hour, then drain it and chop it.
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, bay leaves, and fresh Mexican oregano.
- Heat a little bit of oil in a large pot over high heat, add the onion and let it cook until get transparent, add the eggplants, stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, bay leaves, Mexican oregano, pepper and salt to taste. Cook for a few minutes until the water evaporates almost completely and the eggplant becomes soft.
- Reheat corn tortillas and serve in tacos with lime, tomatillo salsa, onion, and coriander chopped.
- ¡Buen Provecho!