‘𝙋𝙞𝙘𝙤 𝙙𝙚 𝙜𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙤’ can be translated as “rooster beak”🐓
The origin of that name is uncertain🤷♂️, some say it is because everything is cut into small squares as if it were bitten by a rooster.
Or because it “stings” like the rooster.
Or simply, because the vegetables in this salsa … they are chopped!
This ‘salsa’ is very popular in the gastronomy of Mexico❣️
The most common variety of this salad is a mixture of tomato🍅, onion🧅 and chopped jalapeno peppers, whose colours correspond to the colours of the flag of Mexico🇲🇽
It is a common salsa for tacos and quesadillas 😋
Pico de Gallo
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 jalapeños add more if you like your salsa spicy
- 1/2 coriander bunch personally, I like coriander so I use a full bunch
- 1 lime
- salt to taste
- olive oil this is a personal touch
- Chop the onion and place in a bowl and add the lime juice. Let it rest whilst you complete the next step
- Chop the rest of the ingredients - tomatoes, jalapeños and coriander.
- Add the chopped ingredients to the ball, mix together and season with salt and olive oil to taste.
- Buen provecho!