Would you like a slap on the face?🤭
I am not referring to a face punch, but to some delicious shredded beef tacos with refried beans😋.
‘Cachetadas’ are a type of taco🌮 originating from Tampico region in México.
Although the origin of their name is a mystery to me, I can assure you that this combination is delicious and simple to prepare👍.
- 12 corn tortillas preferably from La Tortillera
- 500 g beef brisket
- 1 white or brown onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup refried black beans recipe in my website
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- 3 tomatoes
- ¼ cabbage shredded
- 250 g feta cheese
- 3 jalapeño chillies
- 3 medium size carrots
- ½ cup vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- Your favourite salsa
- Place the meat, half an onion, garlic, and bay leaf in a large pot of water. Cook over high heat until it comes to boil, then cover the pot and reduce the heat to a simmer. Let it cook for about two hours.
- Cut the other half of the onion into half moons, chop the tomato, the cabbage and crumble the cheese.
- Peel and slice the carrots, remove the tail from the jalapeños and cut them in half and then into thick stripes.
- Heat a little oil over medium heat and add the carrots, stir for a few minutes until softened, then add the jalapeños, half a cup of water, the vinegar, sugar and salt to taste, cook over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Once the meat is ready, put it in a bowl and shreed it with the help of two forks. Sauté with a little vegetable oil, adding a little salt and reserve.
- In a hot pan, reheat the tortillas and spread the beans with a spoon and add the meat, folding the tortilla in three.
- Heat a little vegetable oil and lightly fry the stuffed tortillas.
- Serve on a plate and add the cabbage, cheese, tomato and onion on top, accompanied by your favourite salsa and the chillies with pickled carrot.
- ¡Buen provecho!