‘Tacos de bistec’🌮 are a favourite of Mexicans throughout the entire country.
Most ‘taquerias’ will have them in their all-day menu.
I like to think☝️ that they key to this recipe is the marinade, which tenderises the meat.
I personally love the flavour when you combine your tacos with green salsa and the traditional onion, coriander and lime😍
How do you prepare your ‘carne asada’?
- 24 corn tortillas preferably from La Tortillera
- 1 kg beef steak thin slices
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 limes
- ½ white onion finely chopped
- ¼ coriander bunch finely chopped
- Your favourite salsa
- Cut the meat into medium pieces and season in a bowl with salt, pepper, the juice of a lime, ¼ cup of vegetable oil, garlic and onion powder. Cover it with kitchen paper and let it rest preferably overnight.
- Heat about two tablespoons of oil in a pan and add the meat, fry the meat on both sides over medium heat, covering with the lid for about five minutes per side.
- Once the meat is cooked, cut into small pieces.
- Reheat the tortillas using the same pan in which you cooked the meat.
- Serve the tacos with a double tortilla and garnished with finely chopped onion and coriander, lime and the salsa of your choice.
- ¡Buen provecho!